Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Fat Quarter Bundle Breakup

Hello Quilty Friends!  It's time.  Time to do the unthinkable.  I'm breaking up with fat quarter bundles.  It's time to break free from the plastic and ribbons that have imprisoned my quilt creativity.  From the dark depths of the quilt fabric cabinets my cute little fabric bundles beg to be set free.  It started out as a faint whisper but the cries of freedom have gotten so loud I can no longer ignore their pleas. 


So, this week I'm releasing them.  Stripping away the plastic dust covers and freeing them from the ribbons of bondage.  These gals are very loyal even though they've been kept in captivity for years.  Each one of them is ready to serve their purpose and excitedly whisper..."Pick Me!"  Oh my beauty's, only when the time is right.  There's still much to do before we can make a plan.  Be patient and we will get there when the time is right.


  First we need to find your strengths and weaknesses.  This will ensure each of you will live the best life possible.  You will be free to be exactly what you were designed to be...a beautiful color of the rainbow.  They are so happy to finally be part of a bigger plan and a HUGE rainbow.  Now to show them how to really shine.  First, each one of you will need a little TLC after being confined for so long.


See you soon, when the girls are ready to for the final freedom parade.

Linking up over at QuiltFabrication for Midweek Makers.  I guess the only thing I'm making is a mess!



 




Pin It

4 comments:

  1. It's so hard to do this and easy to leave them tied up on the shelf looking pretty! I've yet to set any of mine free, but the time is definitely coming!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bundles make a beautiful rainbow of inspiration! It will be fun to see what you do with all those pretty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lea Anne, you are so funny. Yes, I nearly always open the FQ bundles and put each fabric away in my color-sorted stash bins as soon as I get them home, unless they are intended for a specific project that I want to add build starting from the FQ bundle with stash fabrics added in. Which I guess is the reverse of breaking up the bundle and mixing it into my stash. Now I'm thinking of recipes where you sometimes add the wet ingredients directly to the dry, other times fold the dry ingredients into the wet ones... Can you tell I'm hungry?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're so pretty! I see several beautiful quilts in those fat quarters, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. All comments made come to me as an e-mail. I try to respond to all comments. If you ask a question and do not get an email response, this means I can't respond to you via email due to one of the settings on your device or account. So, I can only answer your question in the comment section with your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...