Friday, August 23, 2024

Oopsies Happen

"The true measure of a quilter is not how perfect the quilt but how well they hide their mistakes"

Even the most seasoned quilters make some of the most common mistakes from time to time.  I think it's important to share the mistakes and how they were fixed.  


Sometimes the fix is pretty simple like this one.  These were sewn together wrong.  


The fix was to rip out the stitches and sew them together correctly. 


And sometimes the fix is more about hiding the mistake.  In the picture below I accidentally sewed my flippy corner onto two background squares.  The mistake wasn't noticed until after I had cut off the corner.  


Had I noticed it before cutting off the corner I would have removed the stitches.  In all honesty it could be left as is and it would cause no issues and no one would know.   If I were a hand quilter it might be a little harder to quilt but hand quilters quilt through several layers all the time, right?  My fix was to cut off the extra background piece as close to the stitches as possible without cutting the stitches for no other reason than I might be able to use this piece of scrap someday. HAHA! 


Red Bow-Tie block update....Yesterday didn't go as planned but I'm calling it a success.  All the red blocks were sewn together, just not all in one setting.  This morning I'll finish pressing the seams on the last few blocks.  Then it's back to working on the Bumpkin Baskets applique.








Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I've done the same thing, no one notices. Have a great stitching day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. All comments made come to me as an e-mail. I try to respond to all comments. If you ask a question and do not get an email response, this means I can't respond to you via email due to one of the settings on your device or account. So, I can only answer your question in the comment section with your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...