Monday, August 26, 2024

This Weeks Plan

 The top priority for the week is to get the border applique glued in place on my Bumpkin Baskets quilt. 


Before that can happen I need to finish recovering my pressing boards.  I started this late last night.  Normally I recover each of these 3 or 4 times a year.  I'm pretty sure these were neglected all last year because they looked horrible. (I have a video for how to make pressing boards)  The two smaller boards will be recovered with the fabric you see below.  On the largest board the fabric was washed and will be reused. Since this my ironing board for almost all fabric it gets more wear and tear.  It needed a total rehaul after more than 10 years of use.  All the layers under the cover have been replaced.


About a year ago I purchased this fabric at Joann's to recover my large board.  It's just too cute and I can't bring myself to use it for an ironing board cover.


I also need to do a little cleaning.  Remember the fat quarter break up blog post?  Well, I'm still working on the organizing of the fabric cabinets.  Here's what it looks like so far.  Worse than it did before!  It's a work in progress.  Today I'd like to deal with the tall stack of yardage on the top right shelf.  

BUT, before I can even step foot in the Studio I need to finish preserving Zucchini bread.  I made five batches of bread this weekend.  One batch makes two loaves of bread.  They are frozen and used throughout the year.  I froze six loaves a couple of weeks ago and four more this weekend.


I also made a few mini loaves for Mr. Podunk.  He loves a sweet treat every now and then in his lunch box. These have been in the freezer overnight and today the need to be vacuum sealed.


 Under the mini loaves is the zucchini muffins that have already been vacuum sealed.  Once the mini loaves have been vacuumed I can put them along with the muffins in a bag for storage in the deep freezer. 

A few more chores need to completed after processing the bread.  Hopefully by noon I can get back to work in the studio.







Pin It

2 comments:

  1. My ironing board cover is a disaster, definitely in need of an update! I just don't take the time to recover it. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAARRRGH I just wrote a novel length comment and the Internet gobbled it up before I could hit the Publish button!! I see it is going to be one of THOSE days. Here's the synopsis: Your zucchini bread looks delicious and I hope you will have time to share your process for prepping that applique border. I have only done applique blocks so far and the idea of trying to position everything properly on a giant border strip bigger than my light box and then stitch the whole thing without anything falling off gives me the heebie-jeebies, and I'm sure you have secret tips and tricks to share!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. All comments made come to me as an e-mail. I try to respond to all comments. If you ask a question and do not get an email response, this means I can't respond to you via email due to one of the settings on your device or account. So, I can only answer your question in the comment section with your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...