Monday, August 12, 2024

Seeing Stars ~ Bumpkin Baskets Quilt

Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might,  have these finished by tonight.


The little stars have put a twinkle in my eye.  I'm loving it!  Only nine more to make. That's about two hours worth of work.  How do I know?  I timed myself yesterday.  Well...I didn't start a stopwatch.  I watched(listened to) two episodes of Mike and Molly.  During the two episodes, five stars were made.  Trying to speed up the process only made my time worse. So five and hour it is. 

  



You're going to think I'm a little crazy but I'll also be making the other plan of light blue circles for the center of the flowers.  


Sounds nuts, I know.  Once all the stars and circles are finished, the quilt can be laid on the floor and I can start playing with the circle and star options. All stars, all circles, every other, stars only in the corners.  And you never know, maybe I can use the leftover applique pieces somewhere else in the quilt. 

 As I looked at the picture below while writing this blog post I noticed how the flowers were nesting perfectly on the bottom of the red arches.


  Oh my goodness!  I did not plan this!  I could scallop the border by cutting away the fabric below the arches...that would be cute!  However, it would leave the quilt too small for my bed.  So, the struggle begins...the battle with me, myself and I.  Which one will win?  Only time will tell. 


This post has been linked up at
And
Hop over for more quilt inspiration!




Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Whichever decision you make, blue circles or yellow stars, this quilt is beautiful! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That is a fabulous design, scalloped or not. And your fabric choices are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is coming along nicely and will be stunning which ever finish you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be lovely. Could you make the quilt bigger? And then trim for the curved edge?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! What a happy quilt. 5 stars in an hour seems pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a GREAT border ! and the fabrics are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. All comments made come to me as an e-mail. I try to respond to all comments. If you ask a question and do not get an email response, this means I can't respond to you via email due to one of the settings on your device or account. So, I can only answer your question in the comment section with your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...