Thursday, August 1, 2024

Itty Bitty Scraps

 Hi Friends!  Just a little pop in to share my scrap fabric obsession. Here's some itty bitty scraps of fabric I love from my current project.  The test for saving or trashing is....if I can use the smallest Applipops circle to make an applique circle, it's goes in the scrap storage.


My scrap storage isn't huge because I work from them before pulling from the larger stash.  Fabric scraps smaller than a fat quarter are sorted by color.  There is one drawer dedicated to the itty bitty scraps. 


When this drawer gets too full I will pull out some of the not so loved scraps to make room for the new cuties.  There's more than a few pieces in here of  not so loved fabric..  I'm leaving them because you never know when you might need them and there is still room for them.


Well, that's it for today.  Just wanted to share a little of my crazy quilting obsession. 





Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Your organizing looks great, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m not familiar with applipops. I looked them up online and they look interesting. Have you posted about them previously? Do you use them often?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way I could hang onto scraps THAT small!! The house is just not big enough! Doesn't it seem like uncut yardage, FQs etc takes up less space than the same piece of fabric once you cut pieces out of it and it turns into an irregular scrap shape? There must be some kind of Mystery of the Universe behind that. But I love that you have a system for knowing your smallest scrap size and those tiny appliqué circles are fantastic in any project!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. All comments made come to me as an e-mail. I try to respond to all comments. If you ask a question and do not get an email response, this means I can't respond to you via email due to one of the settings on your device or account. So, I can only answer your question in the comment section with your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...