Monday, August 5, 2024

Design Wall Monday ~ Bumpkin Baskets

 Hi Quilty Friends!  A little progress was made on my Bumpkin Baskets quilt.  The first inner border of background fabric was a breeze.  The 120 half square triangle border is coming along slowly.


It would have been quicker had I remembered to move the needle on my sewing machine.  You see, when I turn on my sewing machine it automatically goes to the SCANT quarter inch seem setting.  I wish I could change this auto setting.  It's rare for me to use a scant seem allowance.  


Trimming them was pretty quick with the homemade locking ruler.  I kept telling myself  to be grateful because to big is better than too small.  


The plan for today is to finish piecing this border and sew it to the quilt.  Then it's time to take a break and do a little clean up and organizing in the studio.
   

This post is being linked up over at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts









Pin It

6 comments:

  1. So cute, it looks perfect to be displayed on the 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh on the machine deciding what you want. My car thinks I want my radio on every time it starts. Drives me CRAZY. I'm sure the smarty sewing machine would too. Your baskets look great. Every time blogspot updates or my computer is updated I have issues with my comments. I forget what I did to get my comments back to coming in to my email account. If I can find the info I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sawtooth border is gorgeous; sorry your machine was undermining you with that seam allowance! I have a couple of those Bloc-Lock rulers; don't remember which project I bought them for. Maybe just bought them because other people were raving about how great it was to sew everything too big and then trim to size, but I'd rather sew things the right size to begin with and save myself the extra work of trimming afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that HST border!!! I wonder why a scant quarter inch didn't work for you. That's pretty much what I use on all my quilt seams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work on your quilt. Good choice on your border with the HST. I do use scant seam alot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bumpkin Baskets is adorable! Love those baskets and the handles in stripey fabric is fabulous! This quilt brings a warm smile. Have a wonderful day and Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. All comments made come to me as an e-mail. I try to respond to all comments. If you ask a question and do not get an email response, this means I can't respond to you via email due to one of the settings on your device or account. So, I can only answer your question in the comment section with your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...