Monday, September 30, 2024

Design Wall Monday ~ Twinkler

 Hi Quilty Friends!  The Twinkler quilt blocks now fill the design wall.  Twenty-two little shining stars.
  

I was hoping for this to be a quilt top by now.  Slow progress is better than no progress.  Maybe by next Monday the quilt top will be ready to quilt.  The prints are cut for the remaining 20 blocks, but the background fabric is being cut as I go. I think today I'll finish cutting the fabric for the rest of the quilt.  That seems to light a fire in my piecing process. 


Trimming the flippy corner bonus HST's is first on the list today.  This quilt will produce 336 bonus HST's.  Trimming a few at a time is easier on the neck and shoulders.  I'm not complaining because I know these little cuties will someday become part of a darling quilt.


One of my biggest problems is I like to play with the blocks and pet the fabrics.  There was no reason for me to stage this picture other than I thought it would look cute.  Wasted time, but it makes me happy!


After playing for a bit, all the blocks were removed from the design wall to make room for the remaining blocks to be made.  This orange block was placed on the top of the stack as a reminder.  We'll talk more about that later in the week.






Here's a little earworm for the day.  A blast from the past and my high school years.

🎵🎵You must be my lucky star 🎵🎵cause you shine on me wherever you are🎵🎵
🎵🎵I think of you and I start to glow🎵🎵
And I need your light and baby you know
 🎵🎵Starlight, Starbright...First Star I see tonight 🎵🎵

Click below to play Lucky Star


This post is being linked up at the following linky parties.  Click on the links to see more inspiring quilters shine!










Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I am enjoying seeing your twinkling stars grow…they are looking lovely :) I’m like you and trim the bonus HST as I I go. It is daunting to face an enormous pile to trim at the end of a project……as well as easier on my hands and shoulders to do a bit at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Twinkler blocks are really cute. Enjoy finishing them up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You stars sparkle so brightly. And I do remember listening to that song. It was popular even in India.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blocks look so nice, thanks for neatly arranging the photo shoot! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. All comments made come to me as an e-mail. I try to respond to all comments. If you ask a question and do not get an email response, this means I can't respond to you via email due to one of the settings on your device or account. So, I can only answer your question in the comment section with your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...