Monday, September 16, 2024

Twinkle, Twinkle And More Twinklers

 A few more Twinkler blocks were finished in yesterdays sewing in my jammies session.  The morning session was cut short for a visit with family. We had a great time at our little pitch in dinner and catching up on the kids new adventures.


They are always up to something, and jaunting off to here and there.  I don't remember my life being so exciting when I was younger.  Well that's because it wasn't.  Being a housewife and raising kids is an adventure but it's just not quite the same as traveling and seeing the world without kids.  

After our family time it was back to the studio to finish a couple more quilt blocks.


My Twinkler quilt block is my design, or so I thought.  It's nothing more than a variation of a variable star block.  The star points are a taller and not made with flying geese.  I thought I was being clever with the points. Many hours were spent searching on the internet and in my books for this block and I came up empty handed.


Well, the internet somehow remembers and helps you out when you least expect it.  The Jelly Roll Illusions video popped up in my YouTube feed.  You can watch the video by clicking on the video below.  The block is a tad bit different with snowballed corners and color placement, but has the same star points.


The maker of the video, Carol Thelan, was making a variation of Moda's FREE Illusions quilt.  Link to that pattern.  Moda's block is larger, has less snowballed corners and the color placement is different.  The chances of there being older versions of this quilt block out there is pretty good.  Anyway, I just wanted to give credit where credit is due and to say I'm not as clever as I thought. BOOHOO!  What a shocker! HAHA!








Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Illusions is a nice design but I prefer your blocks. I am interested in seeing if you add sashing or cornerstones or however you finish the quilt. I can wait though, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewing in your jammies is always fun, but it is even more fun to have adventures with the family. So glad you were able to do both. Your Twinkler blocks are looking fabulous Lea Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the proportions of your block much better than the Moda pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. All comments made come to me as an e-mail. I try to respond to all comments. If you ask a question and do not get an email response, this means I can't respond to you via email due to one of the settings on your device or account. So, I can only answer your question in the comment section with your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...