Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Digging For Scraps

 Hello Quilty Friends!  Raise your hand if you are like me and love digging through the scrap fabrics in your stash.  I love it so much I couldn't stop until it was time for bed.  


The plan for this quilt is 100 different prints in each color.  Only pulling from the scrap bins. No cheating and cutting from fat quarters or yardage.  I knew purple and orange would probably not be able to follow this rule.  I need 57 more purple.


And 50 more orange.  Even if I cut from fat quarters and yardage, I don't think I could come up with those numbers.  And the idea is to use as many scraps as possible, not make more.  So, I think the no repeat fabric rule just flew out the window.


Before throwing in the towel and changing the plan I'll take a little break from the Bow-Tie quilt.  The corner of the cutting table is getting pretty full of WIP's(works in progress).   But there's still plenty of room for cutting background fabrics for the Twinkler quilt.


Fourteen blocks were loaded onto design boards and are ready to sparkle and shine.  


In other news. Happy mail!  When a gal finds a good sale on her favorite background fabric, she has to order a couple of bolts.... and two charm packs of Nana Mae 8 by Henry Glass because it's so cute and also on sale.  I know I said I wasn't going to buy anymore precuts smaller than a fat quarter, but it was so cute!  

Imagine my surprise when I opened the box and found three bolts of white and one bolt of bone.  And no oh so cute charm packs. Do you think maybe the powers that be are making me be a good girl and stick to my fabric buying rule?  

Of course, I contacted them via email to let them know the order was wrong and that I'm very happy with what they sent me with no price adjustment.  Who wouldn't be?  Four bolts of fabric for the price of two.  













Pin It

1 comment:

  1. If you'd like to stick to your one fabric rule, I am more than willing to send you some of my scraps. Just let me know! I'll come back and check your post after a couple days. And your Twinkler quilt is going to be a stunner!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. All comments made come to me as an e-mail. I try to respond to all comments. If you ask a question and do not get an email response, this means I can't respond to you via email due to one of the settings on your device or account. So, I can only answer your question in the comment section with your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...