Wednesday, January 9, 2019

~ A Sale and Quilting Good Fortune Quilt ~

In the rush to finish up the Good Fortune quilt I forgot to mention the sale going on in my Etsy shop.  All patterns with hearts in the quilt design are 30% off for the next two weeks.  If you purchase more than one mailed pattern shipping overages will be refund.  I ship between 3-5 patterns at the price of one.  PDF patterns are available for instant download on Etsy as soon as your order is complete.



Now I can get this quilted.  Or so I thought.  It's been a few weeks since the quilter has been used.  So before pinning on a quilt a quick maintenance check is needed.  She sounded kinda clunky.  That means she needed a little TLC.  It's not hard to clean and oil my Bailey Home Quilter, just time consuming since it hasn't been done in a long time.  Two hours later she was purring like a kitten.


The quilting will be 100% simple free motion.  Because this will be used on daily basis and not a decor quilt I want it to have that snuggle and cuddle feel.  Keeping the quilting design fairly light by not quilting the red, green and the brown in the blocks should be a happy medium between lightly quilted and quilted to death.


The design is simple loops and arcs throughout the entire quilt and border.  No feathers on this one, it seamed to girly for Mr. Podunk's quilt. 


As I was quilting in total silence my mind started to wander.  Thinking about the design and the name Bonnie gave this quilt pattern, Good Fortune.  It was inspired by her trip to China.  But it really doesn't fit my version of her design.  Maybe I should rename this to better suit Mr. Podunk's influence in the quilt and because it will be a gifted to him.  This is the 3rd quilt I've made for him.  When I gift a quilt to my husband that means I lose control over how its used.  Don't worry, he won't abuse the quilt, his control is limited.  This just means I can't decide to use it as a display piece on the couch or quilt rack, he must give me permission to use his quilt.  And let me tell you he can be very stingy when it comes to his quilts.   I once made the mistake of taking one of his quilts and put it on the quilt rack in the living room while he was at work.  That night at bedtime he put it back on the bed and reminded me it was a gift to him not a display piece.  Sigh...he was right but it looked so nice in the living room.  Below is his favorite quilt made with Civil War Reproduction fabric.  He uses it everyday.  Maybe now that he has a new quilt I can sneak this one back in the living room.









#goodfortunequilt #quiltvillemystery #bonniehunter #quiltpatternsale


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful that your husband cherishes his quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a pattern for your husband’s favorite reproduction quilt? Or did you wing it as you went? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my variation of the Grannies Star Quilt pattern from a quilt magazine.

      Delete
  3. "Quilted to death" when I see those types of creations, they make me anxious. While incredibly beautiful, I can just image a quilter hunched over that fabric filling in those minute spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your hubby is so protective of his quilts. My hubby is still waiting for me to make him his first one! I promised him 2019 is the year, so fingers crossed I get one made for him. I love the snuggly feel of a lightly quilted quilt - but it's difficult for me to not quilt one to death. LOL The fabrics you used in Good Fortune are so nice - it's a wonderful quilt Lee Anne! Thanks for linking to MCM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...